This Language Lady product gives your students four helpful ways to practice their spelling words–three traditional methods and one “secret” method! These methods work for students of all ages, but are especially effective for second through eighth grade students who are able to self monitor their progress (which this packet will help them learn to do even more!).
The first page of the packet is a traditional “pin-point your challenging words and syllabicate and copy.” The next two pages of this packet contain two pages of graph paper with two different sizes of boxes in the graph. This allows younger learners who write larger to use the larger boxed paper and older learners with smaller penmanship to use the smaller boxed paper.
Lastly, the “secret” part. The instructions for the Six S Spelling Secret Sheet are given on the actual sheet for each student. This sheet has six columns with six S’s of instructions to follow in order to practice challenging words:
(1) See–copy the word from his list and see how it is spelled;
(2) Say–try to spell the word aloud after pronouncing it aloud. Look back in the See column for help;
(3) Separate–cover the first two columns so that you cannot see how the word is spelled; separate yourself from the word;
(4) Spell–try writing the word yourself without looking in this column;
(5) Spot–spot check your word with the first column to see if you spelled it correctly;
(6) Stop for that word or start again for that word if needed.
Listen to the audio description of this book below:
There are no reviews yet.